Who we are
Canadian Rehabilitation Center is a branch of a Canadian-based community healthcare services. Its goals are to provide an overall multidisciplinary interventions to assist clients who are experiencing emotional and physical difficulties.
The uniqueness of Canadian Rehab KL is our state-of-art facilitates which provide holistic services for targeted population in one location. Life becomes challenging when a person experiences triggers, such as emotional disturbances, family and work-related stress. In order to empower the client, Canadian Rehab adopts a holistic approach, which is to treat the person, not the symptoms.
In order to enhance the wellness of a client, we facilitate in-home assessments to determine the need for housekeeping, self-care and nursing care needs, physiotherapy, mental health (bio-psychosocial) assessment and intervention to enhance coping strategies to minimize emotional distress. Nutritional assessment & intervention are carried out to assess individualized bio-physiological needs. Bio-neurofeedback (psycho-physiological intervention) is also used to enhance optimal functioning.
In addition, other related services such as psychiatric, orthopedic and neurological interventions are facilitated if deemed necessary. All our services are provided by professionals who possess adequate credentials and are registered with corresponding regulatory bodies.
To promote & ensure:
- Comprehensive and culturally sensitive care.
- Highly individualized treatment.
- Case management.
- Rehabilitation and support, in the context of appropriate autonomy and dignity, maximizing functioning and integration into pre-morbid health and emotional status.
- To work with families of clients to maximize coping skills and encourage participation in the treatment and rehabilitation process.
- To collaborate with community members and service providers to dispel myths, alleviate fears, reduce stigma and enhance acceptance of individuals with mental physical disturbances.
- To advocate for people with disability to achieve maximum independent functioning via available resources.
- To promote professional and personal development emphasizing clinical skills and cultural sensitivity.
- Each client works with a multidisciplinary team.
- The team promotes a "can do" attitude.
- The team takes primary care responsibility with client.
- The treatment plan is highly individualized for each client.
- The team works with clients to provide practical support, to instill hope.
Specific Clinical Program
- Occupational Therapy assessment for Activity of Daily Living
- Work site assessment for vocational rehabilitation
- Mental health Assessment for cognitive & emotional well-being
- Case management for clients with significant impairments & disabilities
- Physiotherapy for rehabilitation
- Bio-Neurofeedback for optimal performances
- Chronic Pain Management
- Orthopedic & Neurological Intervention
- Highly qualified, experienced and professional team that caters to physical & emotional needs.
- Continuous training & development that ensures up-to-date quality services and targets optimized treatment outcomes.
- Orthopedic Specialist
- Family Physician
- Registered counsellor
- Social Workers, MSW
- Nursing Practitioner
- Occupational Therapist
The Multidisciplinary Team is dedicated to help with the following conditions not limited to:
- Neurological conditions
- Stroke, TBI/ABI, Spinal Cord Injury, Parkinson, etc.
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Back, Shoulder, Neck, etc.
- Weight Management
- Obesity, Anorexia, Bulimia, etc.
- Cardiovascular Conditions
- Diabetic Conditions
- ADHD, ADD & Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Learning Difficulties
- Poor Performances, Lack of Concentration & Focus, etc.
- Stress, Anxiety & Depressive Symptoms
- Social Phobia
- Childhood, Physical/Sexual Abuse, Accident Victims, PTSD, etc.
- Substance Abuse
- Alcohol, Drugs, Cigarettes, etc.
- Domestic Violence
**Referrals may be made by doctors, lawyers, (medical & allied) health practitioners, or feel free to make an appointment with us!
"We cannot change the wind,
we can adjust the sails"